This four-week educational program during the month of April each year provides an introduction to emergency medical services in an interactive environment. Instructors, all professional staff members with Cary Area EMS, will teach practical sessions about EMS and what function EMS plays in today’s society. Participants participate in hands-on classes, learn CPR, and tour a 911 communication center. Please contact Lt. Chasidy Kearns, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The age requirement for the Academy is 18.
- A greater understanding of Emergency Medical Service (EMS) Operations by the students, allowing them to form objective opinions regarding the profession and Cary Area EMS.
- Allow the students to receive first hand knowledge of the training and education of EMS professionals.
- An enhancement of our Public Safety training as it pertains to citizen contacts based on the information received from participants.
- Participants will have an increased awareness and appreciation of EMS.
- Participants will gain knowledge of general public safety procedures.
- Informative and interesting presentations by qualified speakers.
- A fascinating overview of Cary Area EMS.
- “Hands On” demonstrations that allow students closer interaction between speakers and students.