Are you prepared if there is a disaster?
Make a plan. Get a kit. Stay informed.
Wake County has developed a program called ReadyWake to help you and your family prepare for possible disasters.
Some Important Steps
- Visit the ReadyWake website and read it thoroughly.
- Register for Emergency Notifications.
- Save this number in all of your family phones: 919-856-6480.
- Download the ReadyWake brochure and place it in a visible location in your place of residence.
Important Local Phone Numbers
- Life-threatening emergencies: 9-1-1
- Wake County Emergency Management: 919-856-6480
- Wake County Fire Services: 919-856-6340
- Wake County Sheriff’s Office: 919-856-6900
- Carolinas Poison Center: 800-222-1222
- NCDOT Traveler Information Management Systems: 877-DOT- 4YOU
- American Red Cross: 919-231-1602
- Wake County Human Services Public Health Division: 919-250-4516
- Wake County Environmental Services: 919-856-7400
- Wake County Public School System: 919-850-1600
- City of Raleigh: 919-996-3000
- Town of Apex: 919-362-4000
- Town of Cary: 919-469-4000
- Town of Fuquay-Varina: 919-567-3907
- Town of Garner: 919-772-4688
- Town of Holly Springs: 919-552-6221
- Town of Knightdale: 919-217-2270
- Town of Morrisville: 919-463-6200
- Town of Rolesville: 919-556-3506
- Town of Wake Forest: 919-554-6100
- Town of Wendell: 919-365-4444
- Town of Zebulon: 919-269-7455