919 Magazine Featuring Cary Area EMS
An Invisible Killer
Carbon Monoxide poisoning occurs most often during the winter months. Make sure you are knowledgeable about the warning signs and ways to keep you and your family safe.
- Have a working and properly installed CO alarm with backup battery in hallways near sleeping areas.
- Never ignore CO alarm. Do not try to find the source. Immediately move outside and call 911.
- Test alarms and replace batteries yearly.
- Have all fuel burning home heating systems inspected and serviced annually.
- Never operate portable gas powered generator in or near an enclosed space.
- Never use charcoal grill in or near a house or garage.
- Never use gas range or oven to heat a home or business.
- Never start your car in an enclosed space, such as an attached garage.
For more information from the VFIS: Carbon-Monoxide-Prevention-VFIS-pdf
An Example of One Way to Move a Patient
Report time is 0530